Sunday 19 February 2017

Friday, February 17, 2017 / C'est vendredi le 17, février 2017

Our day started with an Assembly; I recognized AH for the quality of his work on his ABC book about salmon.
**Quiz reminder: There will be a quiz on the Scales and Tales! package on Monday, postponed from today.

After the Assembly, we finished listening to Stuart McLean's story about training a cat to use the toilet.  This well-known story teller died last week.

I showed a couple of ABC books that I felt were very well done!  We discussed this project as a class; many said that it was a difficult assignment, and that they were challenged to come up with words about salmon.  I am looking forward to reading them all.

Next, Aiden shared something that he had found on the web involving the book he is reading: Marvel.  It was very interesting and well done.  Ask your child.  I'm sorry that I don't have the link here.

Also before recess we filled in Agendas, cleaned out cubbies, looked at book orders, and did some reading.

After recess, Mr. Redding took the kids to music for half an hour while I had some make up prep time from Monday.  Following that, we worked on Area in our Math Antics package.

Notice: PAC need volunteers for the CARNIVAL MARCH 3RD as well as requests for CAKES for the CAKE WALK!
 

Students also cleaned out their desks before the afternoon session of Exploration Friday.